Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

I love this time of year...time for reflecting on my many blessings! However, one thing that often gets overlooked in this world that we live in...is that although lots of people reflect on their blessings and thankfulness...they often forget WHO they should be thankful TO!

Psalm 95:2Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

And so, I dedicate my post today to the Lord from Whom all blessings flow! I want to bless His name.

Psalm 100:4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
I not only thank Him for the many earthly blessings He has abundantly given me (My sweet husband and children, mother, all of our extended family & friends, home, vehicles that run, plenty of food and clothing, good health and oodles and oodles more...)
But, I also want to thank Him for NOT giving me what I deserve!
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
************************************
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Having been born a sinner (as we all are), I deserve the punishment of death, & hell. Instead, He has given me eternal life (that's the gift of God!) All I had to do--was accept the gift! Have you? Not sure? Or, maybe you think you're "good" and an exception to "all"?
Check out Way of the Master's "Are you good enough test" to know for sure!
One thing I know...for this Gift, I am the most thankful of ALL!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving. We do have much to be thankful for!

We had a beautiful Thanksgiving service last night at church. So many were giving testimonies that the pastor wasn't sure if he was going to get to his message. I love hearing people's testimonies and what God has done in their lives.

I am so thankful for the fact that I know God loves me and I am loving Him more every passing year. I am also thankful for my children, grandchildren and the most wonderful husband in the world. You know that don't you Sharri??

Hugs,
Wilma