Monday, November 24, 2008

Post-Election

I haven't posted much about the election since November 4. To say that I was bitterly disappointed would be such a gross understatement that I shan't say it.


I will say that I have had to come to grips with reality-such as it is. I have had to get on my knees, and my face before Almighty God, and pour out my fears and lack of faith to Him.

I have been discouraged and disheartened...


I truly do not think that America knows what they have unleashed...I don't think they know that this country's values will never be the same...


But, God is greater than circumstances!

I've had to bury my nose in my Bible--and ask myself hard questions...do I trust God?

Do I have real faith in Him?

Are the roots of my faith deep enough to survive what persecution is surely coming?



Psalm 18:2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 18:31For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Psalm 62:7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Matthew 19:26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 9:23Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

I have to say, that the place I have come to is this....that I cling to the Rock, and ask Him to help me endure that which will come.


He never says that the Way will be easy. He never says our lives will be without persecution...But, I either trust and follow Him, or I don't.

I try to meditate on this verse:
1 Corinthians 15:58
58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

(A friend of ours has put this verse to music, and I sing it daily!)



This is where the rubber meets the road:


God is in control!

Romans 13: 1 ...For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

God has spoken, and He has allowed this...whether it be for judgement, or whether He will turn the heart of a president...




More info:
There is an interesting article over on
Voddie Baucham's site about his post-election thoughts that you might want to check out. He highlights some positives there.

No comments: