Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Contest Entry to the 12 Blogs of Christmas...

How many children do you have / homeschool? Two

How long have you been homeschooling? 12 Years

Have they always been homeschooled, or did they ever go to public/private school? My oldest started out in a Christian preschool, and continued through to 1/2 way through 1st Grade, then we took her out. My youngest did 1/2 year of Preschool.

Do you plan on homeschooling until graduation? Yes--first one graduates this year!

Do you belong to a co-op? No.

Do you school all year long, or use some other schedule? I've done both. :0)

Do you use textbooks only, or do you like to supplement with other materials? Both.

Are field trips included in your school plans, or are they just family time? Yes.

Do you and your kids do crafty stuff together for school time? Sometimes, not as much now as when they were younger.

Would you consider everyday household life stuff ‘home ec’? YES!

Do you have any advice for new homeschoolers? Don't get chained to the textbooks! Let the Lord help you and guide you in what needs to be taught--and when.

Do you have advice for homeschoolers with little ones under foot? I used to have a box of things that were only for "school time". I would rotate them, and let the younger one play with them for awhile during a time when I really needed to teach.
I also let him play with trucks or legos while we read and did oral questions, at age 3, he was popping up from his play and answering the questions--he was really listening!

This is my entry to the http://tnmomwith3kids.wordpress.com/ 12 blogs of Christmas contest!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Sharri, Having a little box of "special things" to do for my little ones is something I am putting together. My little one always wants to "do school" too. :) I have forgotten what it is like with little ones!
Patricia