Sunday, December 23, 2007

More of the Big Apple....




Everyone keeps asking me about the Window Displays that the big department stores had in NYC. The one above is from Lord and Taylors. It is a little hard to view some of them because of the window reflections. But they were really lovely! I think I liked the little miniatures they had the best. :0)


You don't have a lot of time to fool around with your camera. There is a little corral that you walk through--there are many people viewing them at the same time. They don't want you blocking the crowded sidewalk-thus the corrals. I will post some of the easiest ones to see. :0)




The arch pictured above is in front of the famous Tiffany's!




I just couldn't resist having my picture taken in front of the Tiffany's sign!

This is me in front of one of the less elaborate Macy's displays.




Here is the Miracle on 34th Street Macy's Display.


Just the whole outside of Lord and Taylor is decorated. It is all framed in tiny white lights, which is hard to see here...





Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a trip to Rockefeller Center to see the lovely tree.






The skaters were fun to watch too!
Here are my kids enjoying this big "field trip". Isn't homeschooling great!?
Here's me and my honey at Rockefeller.




Betcha didn't know that there were angels heralding the birth of Christ at Rockefeller Center! They are shown down both sides of the greenery above. This was a very pretty display, and you can see snowflakes hanging on the building across the street too.
I still have more pics to post... I will do it soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Sharri. They won't let me click on them and see them bigger though. Only the first one. I love to see details. =)