Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Cleaning....

Spring Cleaning...yet not!
Ever since I was sick in 2011--things in my home have gotten away from me!
So, I decided to make a plan and try to stick to it to get things under control!
I got the book out of the library written by the Fly Lady-made a plan, and got started!
I divided my house up into five zones--the first one being the foyer, front porch, and dining room.
Above was my first project.
The dreaded hall closet...I decluttered by getting rid of many items, then decobwebed,
reorganized, cleaned and viola!
Then I tackled the Dining Room...

Took out these Precious Moments--all of them have been given to me by dear friends and family...

My Tea Cup from Prince Edward Island...

A gift from my dear friend Wilma--this is her and I hugging :)


Cleaned out the curio--and all the stuff that went in it

Then on to the China Closet/Hutch




Got rid of some things, cleaned it all, reorganized too

Then I did the bookshelf, the woodwork, and floor and I was done!

This week I am doing the kitchen--but forgot to take pics! :/
It's going well, I'm almost done and it's only Wed.
Yesterday I did the frig, washed and rehung the curtains, did the floor and windows.
Today I did the freezer, & reorganized several cabinets.
It's coming along nicely!

The goal of doing this is to repeat the zones every month-& never have to Spring Clean again--because you're always "caught up".
You're only supposed to spend 15 min. per day--but I am doing lots more than that so
I can get caught up!
If you are doing this method, I'd love to have your input!


No comments: