We were blessed with a night of fellowship with some of our dear friends!
God is so good to us! :)
First, we got ready! Brad and his Dad took care of the outside stuff...
And, some of the inside stuff too...
Briana really shouldered the bulk of the inside stuff, and did a great job! :)
Brad set up this area for the young people
The little pumpkin that held dip for the crackers
We had a wonderful time of sharing as adults
But, I think the young people did too!
Our caramel popcorn (recipe follows at end)
wonderful kids in this pic....we'll be sure to get them next time!
Thank you to these sweet friends who were willing to drive a distance to spend time in our home! We loved having you all here!
Autumn Popcorn Mix
Yields 24 cups
24 cups popped popcorn
2 cups walnut halves
1 cup butter
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2teaspoon baking soda
2 12 1/2 ounce packages candy corn
1. Preheat oven to 250̊F. Gather ingredients. Try not to eat candy corn!
Combine popcorn and walnuts in a lightly greased large roasting pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat.
Stir in brown sugar, molasses, and salt.
Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil, then boil five minutes without stirring.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, apple pie spice, and baking soda (mixture will foam up when the baking soda is added). Pour syrup over popcorn mixture, stir until well coated.
4. Bake one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on lightly greased aluminum foil to cool.
5. Once cool, sprinkle candy corn over popcorn mixture.
Store in an airtight container.
You can use this Autumn Popcorn Mix for gifts or party favors.