Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome Spring!

I adore Spring!
It transforms my world into my own private garden. :)
Ah...Lilacs...my favorite flower (and fragrance!)
Doesn't this red just pop!?

I love these little grape hyacinths (but they are the bane of my dear hubby!)
Spring brings with it some showery weather. This was our sky last night before it rained.
The poem below really describes how I feel! :)
I Meant To Do My Work Today
Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
So what could I do
but laugh and go?


Take some time to really, really enjoy the Spring! It only stays a short time!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Get busy!!! You are going to have extra chores for a couple of weeks. :) I get to enjoy the flowers.

Wilma said...

your flowers and blooming trees are beautiful! The blooms didn't last long on our Magnolia because of a lot of wind. We have a Bradford pear in the front, but the blossoms didn't seem quite as pretty as last year. I love Spring though... probably my favorite time of year.