Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few Household Cleaning Tips



If you have several jobs to do...and you feel overwhelmed--start with the worst, biggest job first. Get it out of the way, and the rest will speed by!
If you keep putting something you need to do off because you're overwhelmed--*set a timer for 15 minutes, and just work on it for 15 minutes each day until it's done.*

(You'll be surprised what you can get accomplished in 15 minutes! I do this alot)

**************************************************************
Got an unexpected phone call? Don't stop working!

While chatting you can:


  • put in a load of wash (or fold one, or iron some pieces)

  • clean the kitchen table and counters (or stove)

  • work on cleaning out a shelf of the frig, or the outside of the frig door

  • wipe down the kitchen cabinet fronts

  • clean a mirror, or glass in the door

  • set the table for your next meal

  • wipe off a door jamb that has finger prints

  • dust

************************************************************

When I clean my frig I:


  • Turn off the power so it's not running while being cleaned

  • Start at the top shelf and work my way down

  • I use warm water and baking soda to clean with (it also deodorizes at the same time)

  • I keep the trashcan nearby to throw away any old food (I also try to time this with running the dishwasher too--so I can put any containers I empty out in the dishwasher and run it asap)

  • Don't forget to wipe down the door gasket

  • Also, Clean the condenser coils and condenser fan twice a year.

No comments: