Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Every year I try...try...again!


I'm an organizational wannabe... every year it's on my resolution list.

I ran across this article, and thought I'd post these tips here in case anyone else is trying to make strides in this area too!


A Dozen Time Management Tips:


DON'T . . .

rush ahead of the Lord--His timing and wisdom are crucial
try to meet all the needs, it's impossible!
get side-tracked, even by "worthwhile" things
allow too many outside activities to rob you of family time
let the enemy rob you of your joy--it's your strength
confuse the urgent with the important

DO . . .
Pray for the Lord's guidance and help each day
Look to Jesus as your example. Study His Word, His life as revealed in the Gospels. Ask yourself, "What would Jesus do in this situation?"
Plan for interruptions and needed breaks
Put on the garment of praise (Isaiah 61:3) and do your work as unto the Lord. (Colossians 3:23-24)
Take time to enjoy your family.
Stay focused on what God has called you to do and seek to view everything in light of Eternity.


Encouragement from Scriptures:
14But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
15My times are in thy hand...Psalm 31:14-15


23And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. --Colossians 3:23-24


"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." --Ephesians 5:15-17


"For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers..." --1 Peter 3:10-12


"Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore." --Psalm 86:11-12


Offer up each day unto the Lord and ask Him to guide you by His Holy Spirit! Ask Him to help you use your time efficiently and to keep you from being so rushed that you neglect to hear His Voice. Take time to appreciate and treasure the people He brings across your path each day--especially your family. The Lord has given us a gift of 24 hours, that's 86,400 seconds today. How many of those seconds have been spent praising the Lord, encouraging our children and family, speaking LIFE to others instead of death, BLESSINGS instead of curses and grumbling? Let's make a positive difference in someone's life today! Each day is a new beginning, a fresh start. God wants to do beautiful things in and through us as we yield to Him!

No comments: