Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dreamin'

I haven't posted on this for awhile...but it was on my mind this morning...
Our family has had a long-time dream of moving to the country to live on a farm. It has been many years, but the Lord hasn't opened a door for us to move as of yet.
We are still hopeful though.

In the meantime, I have to say that although this seems contradictory...He has also given me a great feeling of contentment about where I am.


Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

At the beginning, when we first had the dream of a farm, I was extremely discontent about living in the suburbs. I couldn't see anything but the negatives!

Now, I am happy to live here. I am glad that God has been working on me, because when I was discontent, I was without peace. I was troubled and angry and miserable.
Now, I am content, peaceful and full of joy.

However, I must say, I'm still open to that farm too! :)