Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Unusual Object Lesson...

Today was $2 Tuesday at our local Goodwill (did I mention that I LOVE $2 Tuesday!?) In case you don't know what this is--all winter clothes and coats for adults are $2, and kids are $1 every Tuesday in February.
Anyway, that's what drew me to the Goodwill today.

My mom was shopping with me, and we were going through the domestics section when she spotted brand new pillows that exactly match my living room curtains. Now, I already had 2 pillows, but I have a huge sofa, and needed 2 more--this style is older and they no longer sell them. So, for 2.50 ea. this was a great find!

Pardon me, I digress. :0) Anyway, I brought these lovely matching pillows home, put them on the couch, and was horrified! My previously (until that very moment) lovely pillows-looked awful! They were soiled, and I didn't even realize it! I never realized it until I plopped those brand new clean ones down.
So, off I went to the laundry tub to scrub and clean them. And while I was there, I started thinking...
That's the way that I am. Sometimes I think of myself as looking pretty good spiritually. If you look at "so and so" and her "big sin"--I don't look so bad at all! BUT, if you put me up against the clean and pure one- my Savior, Jesus....I realize that I am pretty dingy and dirty.
I'm glad that He made me clean again. :0)
And thus, my object lesson. It was a great reminder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, I was there Tues. as well. I ran into Ruth. Sorry I missed you :-( Trish