Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thoughts on my Devotions

I am currently reading through Deuteronomy and today I read chapter 28. I couldn't help but think of America as I read through this passage concerning the consequences of disobedience.
This nation is thought of us such a blessed nation (which we are!), and such a powerful, "self-sufficient" country. But I believe that we have forgotten why we are blessed, and WHO has blessed us!
I believe we are beginning to see that the Lord may be withdrawing His hand of protection and blessing on us due to our disobedience to Him. We are allowing false gods into our nation and being told to have tolerance. (In fact, everything, and everyone is tolerated, except those that worship the One True God--did you notice that??)
Some thoughts that I had as I read were: in verse 16 b,17 that God will curse the field (food), have you read about wheat and other food lately?
Vs 18 is about the beasts (think of the quality of our meat), vs 20 it talks about these cursings coming because they have forsaken Him.
Hasn't the USA done the same? Then it lists many, many more curses, then says in vs 45 they overtake them because "thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the Lord they God, to keep his commandments and his statues which He commanded thee:" (It's practically illegal here to even display His commandments!) There is much, much more listed there, but I just listed a little bit.

Then I am also reading through Psalms, so I turned to Psalm 67 and read : O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously and govern the nations upon the earth. Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

Pretty simple, disobey-be cursed; Obey, be blessed.

And so you see, we have a choice as a nation, and we're choosing wrongly. God is a just and righteous One, and He cannot bless us if we choose wrongly.

I pray that America wakes up--before it's too late!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Good thoughts Sharri. And like Deut. tells us, it is us Christians that have to humble ourselves and call on Him with our whole hearts, turn from our wicked ways and then He will heal our land.