We always bake on a snow day-which we had today!
Bri made gluten free corn muffins, and I made these:
Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
- 5 1/3 ounces (1 1/3 cups) white rice flour
- 2.5 ounces (1/2 cup) sweet rice flour
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (this prevents the cookies from spreading)
- 7 ounces (14 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 5 1/4 ounces (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
We made these today and did some cinnamon, some plain, and some chocolate chip. YUMMY!