Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Pastime

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love all 4 seasons that we enjoy here in Delaware...
Even the winter time!
Some people dread it, but not me! When I think of winter, I think of cozy days (or nights) by the fire, beautiful white snow, and extra time for reading!

A friend mentioned the book Living Water to Phil and I over dinner one night last week.
I ordered it from the library, opened it today and read some of it--then, read some of it to Phil....
and now we're thinking that we may just read it aloud as a family.

The few passages I read were very moving and convicting.
They addressed the lack of repentance being preached in churches today...and the lack of truly
dying to self and giving our entire lives over the the Lord.

I think this will be a difficult read (ouch) but, a much needed one.
Have you read this book? I'd love to hear your feedback if you have.
And, I'd love to hear what you're currently reading!

Blessings to you and yours!
Sharri

No comments: