Monday, June 20, 2011

Herbs and things...

We've had a good growing season thus far this year!
This barrel houses my "kitchen herb garden" as it is right out our back gate-
not too far from the kitchen door.
As you can see...it's full and overflowing!

I always love trying new things--this year I found this lovely purple basil
(& purple is my fav color)

I love this varigated thyme


This Apple Mint really does smell like apples!

I also have a grape tomato plant in the barrel w/the herbs

Here are the regular and purple basils together
(sorry, not a great shot--the sun was so bright-I couldn't see for the glare!)

Just at the foot of my barrel, this chammomile is growing-in a bed of plantain

Bri and I are going to make a tincture out of this plantain soon!
I was blessed to win the Giveaway for Shoshanna Pearl's Making Herbs Simple DVD

It gives a wonderful demonstration on how to make the tincture!
Makes me feel brave enough to try it for sure!

Here is Bri's herb pot-also located just outside the kitchen on the patio
I love that rosemary! :)

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Genesis 1:11

No comments: