Saturday, November 14, 2009

Seven-Grain Bread Recipe



A dear friend of my mom's, (and mine!) Marie, found a book at a yard sale More Bread Machine Bounty.
I found this delicious recipe for the bread pictured above, thought I'd post it here in case you want to try it!

Seven-Grain Bread
1 1/2 lb loaf

2/3 c. water
1/3 c. applesauce
1 egg
1 3/4 c. Whole wheat flour
3/4 c. bread flour
 (I actually use Natural Way Mills Gold n' White)
1 TBS wheat gluten
1/2 c. seven-grain cereal
2 TBS honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp active dry yeast

Add ingredients to machine according to mfr. directions

I set my machine on dough. Then, when it is finished, I shape the loaf by hand-(I scattered some sesame seeds on this loaf), place it in my Pampered Chef
stone loaf pan & cover w/a clean kitchen towel, and let rise 30 min. on the back of the stove while the oven is heating to 375.
Then, I bake it, uncovered, for 22 min.

Let me know if you try it! :)


“If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest all the stars and all the heavens.”
Robert Browning (1812-1889) English poet

No comments: