Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Martha Peace Conference

Guess what I found out this weekend? That I'm an "aged woman"! LOL


Yep, this weekend my daughter and I went to a conference in Milford to hear Martha Peace speak on being a Titus 2 Woman. (she is also the author of The Excellent Wife)

We had the pleasure of being able to enjoy this conference with some friends too! :)

We even had the opportunity to get our books signed. :)


But, the highlight of the conference was the wonderful message that Martha brought to us concerning our role as Christian women (and mothers).
She reminded us that we have influence over young women (esp. our daughters) with our thinking and actions. Boy is that sobering! This means for bad, or for good. That made me really think that I need to hone up on my doctrine and be sound and grounded!
This also means that I must be extra careful with what I say, wear, and how I behave!
  • Do I have a meek and quiet spirit? Ouch!

  •  Am I guarding my words? 


  • Am I what I want my daughter to become?


  • Am I selfish with my time?


  • Am I ready to teach when the moment arises?


  • Do I make myself available?


  • Do I encourage with my words?


  • Do I reprove when necessary, in a biblical way?


  • Do I praise when I should?

It was a sobering reminder to me to not be lax...to live with purpose!
Martha concentrated mostly on applying this to younger women in the church, but don't you think this should first and foremost be applied to our daughters?
Our ministry is right in our home! We don't need to go searching for it outside the home while we have our children still in-house! :)
Actually, if you are blessed to have a daughter(s), your job will never be done! You will be her mentor through her different stages of life...childhood, girlhood, womanhood, marriage, and motherhood!

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed
Titus 2:3-5

This has been a challenge to me, and I also found an article from Nancy Leigh DeMoss that goes hand in hand with it in case you want to check it out.

May God bless you friends as you minister to your daughters, friends, and young ladies in the church.

We carry generations of tenderness, legacies of hope, and faith, and courage.
We are powerful in that we know how to love." --Flavia"

No comments: