Friday, November 13, 2009

Homemaking Happenings...

Bri and I have been busy w/some Kitchen Kapers over the last few weeks...
Thought I'd share some the things we've been cookin' up...

Soup




We buy our eggs from the Amish...sometimes, you get one with a little feather on it. :)




Bri made these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars




It's applesauce time around here! Yum!








After they are cooked, sugared, and cinnamon has been added...
I use my wonderful Vitamix to blend it smooth.




This is what it looks like in the Vitamix.




All done!




I made this Apple Crisp at the same time.




Facts about Apples:

  • Apples come in all shades of reds, greens, and yellows.


  • Two pounds of apples make one 9-inch pie.


  • 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.


  • Apples are grown in all 50 states.


  • Apples are fat, sodium, and cholesterol free.


  • A medium apple is about 80 calories.

  • Apples are a great source of the fiber pectin. One apple has five grams of fiber.


  • The pilgrims planted the first United States apple trees in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.



I made this bread when I made the oven fried chicken below




The potatoes that we mashed were from our garden! :)
As an aside...I just saw this picture of an adorable kitchen online...thought it was cute and am ending with that...




I love that red!



Happy Homemaking!



No comments: