Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Surviving the Winter


My daughter and I love to grow herbs (among other things) in pots, and ours are surviving the winter-which makes us happy, happy!







This is a close up of the creeping thyme (my daughter's). I am secretly envious of this one!





The one pictured above is mine. It has garlic chives, parsley, and rosemary. I cook with these and just run outside the back door and snip off what I need!







In the close up of my rosemary above, you can see it is not only surviving--it's blooming!

My daughter's huge rosemary plant!




These pansies are among the survivors not in pots, these are in my front flower bed. A gift from my dear friend Lisa! Thanks Lisa!





This is some parsley I have growing in my front flowerbed. Sometimes I run out the front door and snip this for spaghetti sauce or something...




And, last but not least, my daffodils are coming up.

Hope these pictures put you in the mood for Spring!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't need those pictures to put me in the mood for spring! I'm in the mood!!! LOL!

Those pots look really nice. You kept them outside all winter and they look like that? I have some parsley planted in the ground in a sheltered place and it usually stays green all winter, but I can't imagine that the rest would, here.

That rosemary plant reminds me of mine that I planted in Florida. I put out a 4-inch pot and, in a couple of years, it was four feet tall and six feet wide and bloomed all the time. I loved that thing. Marci cut a lot of sprigs from it and I think she had that bag of rosemary for a few years.

I am going to start an herb garden this year.

Thanks for the pictures! :-D