Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SSSSShhhhhhhhh! Don't tell!


We started a new tradition at our house this year--and it's been soooo much fun!
We put everyone's name in a basket, and drew secret pals. Whoever you draw is the person you try to serve for the week--secretly.
It's been so nice to come in at night and find my bed turned down, pillows fluffed, and chocolate on my pillow! :0) Or to come out in the morning to find my juice glass and a fancy folded napkin at my place setting...
The goal is to not only try to bless them by serving them, but also by praying for them diligently all week long. Then on Monday, after family devotions, we reveal our pals, and choose new ones.
This has been a really fun thing - both to do and to receive! But, it's also a neat way to give an opportunity to serve.
Let me know if you do something similar, or if you decide to adopt this idea. :0)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a good idea! But, I think Ron and I would find out who our secret pal was EVERY TIME!!! LOL!

Geneva said...

Love this idea! I'm going to do it with my kids this week!