Thursday, January 10, 2008

God Never Changes

We all know that things never stay the same. All around us is constant change--every day!
From the big things like seasons...of course in DE right now, that seems to change from day to day! One day near 70, and the next 40's! :0) Thanksgiving and Christmas come and go, then New Year's.
And then there are other things; friends move away, a church change, sometimes job changes, or neighbors. Our kids change-they grow, even eventually grow up and move away and start their own lives.
And, in the stage of life I'm in, my very emotions are on a roller coaster. So that changes - even during a single day!
These things all make me so thankful for the One Who doesn't change! I am so glad that God is our "center". He isn't prone to emotions, He doesn't change with circumstances.... He is solid and unchanging! What an exciting, wonderful thing that we can count on Him to be unchanging!
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Malachi 3:6For I am the LORD, I change not...

And so I encourage you today, that if life feels overwhelming with change-don't despair! God is our anchor. He never changes! He promised! Hold fast to Him! He is our security. He is faithful!
The lyrics to this hymn come to mind:

Great is thy faithfulness
Oh God my father
There is no shadow of turning with thee
Thou changest not
Thy compassions they fail not
As thou hast been
Thou forever will be

Summer and Winter
Springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join in all nature in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness
Mercy and love

Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness
Lord unto me

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Your strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside

Thomas Chisholm

No comments: