I haven't tried these--but plan to this week. My mom made them over the weekend and really liked them. I want to do these, and the Zucchini chips too! Let me know if you try them! (or, if you've already tried them!)
How to Make Awesome Kale Chips
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees**. When the oven has been preheated, turn it off. Seriously, this is the trick!
- Get a bunch of kale – you’ll need more than you think. They shrivel up quite a bit once cooked.
- Break it up into pieces about the size of your palm. Use only the leaves.
- Put into a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and shake. (I will probably use coconut oil) You don’t need a lot of oil. I read somewhere that it’s best if you massage the oil into the leaves.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Spread kale evenly.
- Put into warm oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. You can just check in on them. If they’re crispy, they’re done. They should be a bright green with little to no brown. Brown = burnt.
- Sprinkle with salt.
Link to nutritional information on kale chips
**Here’s the trick: turn the oven on to 350, let it heat up, turn it off, and then put the kale chips in. The oven stays hot and the kale chips cook slowly, without being scorched.