Here's a fun and super easy appetizer idea for a Christmas party. This cheese reindeer is made from Laughing Cow cheese wedge, pretzels, olive and red pepper.
(You could use a maraschino cherry for the nose)
Mini chips for the eyes :)
- 4 flavored or plain pita folds or pita (pocket) breads (about 6 inches in diameter)
- 16 thin pretzel sticks, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped red bell pepper
- Cut each pita fold into 8 wedges. Insert pretzel stick half into center of bottom of each wedge to form “tree trunk.”
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, guacamole, parsley and garlic-pepper blend. Spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture on each pita wedge.
- Blot bell pepper with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon bell pepper on each wedge or arrange to form a garland. If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
Be sure and let me know if you try them! :)