Monday, June 10, 2013

What I've Been Up To...

I really love cut flowers in the house! My husband and son sometimes bless me by
buying me some (my husband brought me some yesterday as a matter of fact!)
But, I also love to cut them from my yard--one of my fav things to do!
I recently had these lovely pink peonies and sage that I cut and brought in.
Alongside them you see the blessing of a bumper-crop of strawberries!

I held one so you could see how huge they are!

Don't these look pretty in the vase below?

Also, I am still on the Gaps diet...and here is my typical lunch...
salad, fruit, and kefir. It's so nice to have lettuce from the garden,
and the strawberries too--makes life easier!

When we went to visit our friends in Ohio last year, one of them made "Garden Tea" for us to drink.
I have an abundance of mint as you can see below, so I made some...
Basically, I just took filtered water and put it in my Vitamix--then I took washed mint (mine is apple mint)
and put it stems and all in the vitamix and blended it.
I strained it into the pitcher--and drank it.
It is really good!

Here's another batch of strawberries, and some snow peas too.
I really enjoy these fresh garden blessings!

If you read my previous post here, you know that I've been cleaning and decluttering for over a month.
It culminated today with our yardsale (our community had one) and since our son Brad is the president
of our civic assoc., we wanted to participate.
Everything that was left was loaded in the back of Brad's truck and the guys took it
all to Goodwill.

Phil and I also worked hard last night (it was pouring outside-so a great time to do it) cleaning out our attic.
We spent less than 1 1/2 hours, but we got alot done! And, I feel so much better now!
And, we made a little extra money to boot! :)

June is always a busy month for us, and ours is getting cranked up already!

No comments: