Monday, April 2, 2012

Disguised Blessing...

“Blessings sometimes show up in unrecognizable disguises. ”
~
Janette Oke
I have been in the mood for reading recently-mostly due to having to rest more with
this illness. I realized today that it truly is a blessing to do it! (whatever the reason)
I get my work done in the morning, and read in the afternoon...
(helps me work faster knowing the rest period is coming!)
I have been reading a mix of books, some of them for research, and some for fun.
For fun right now I am reading through Janette Oke's Love Comes Softly series.
I have read it several times, but love them so!
I was thinking about what I love about them today...
I love the characters--they are so real I can almost picture them
I love the lifestyle they lived--although hard work, they spent a lot of family time together
Also, I love Marty in her homemaker role!
I love the spiritual emphasis of course, and the way the lived out their faith daily
I find them inspiring, and something to encourage me!
What are you reading these days?

No comments: