Sunday, April 1, 2012

Keeping my Focus

Those of you who know me, know that I have had some pretty big health challenges in the last few months.
In October 2011 I was diagnosed with lymphoma of the spleen, which I had removed in December.
Then, I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, and have had some pretty interesting digestive challenges...so, I started the Gaps Diet to try and heal my colon.

I have really had to struggle at times to keep my focus during some of these challenges...
It has certainly caused me to increase my prayer life
 (not only for my needs, but for the needs of many others who are struggling with issues too)
and, it has made me really grateful for the blessings I have as well.
My heart is full of compassion for dear friends who are struggling with health, finances,
wayward children, and aging parents.
But, my heart is also full of thanks!
Thankful to God for walking with me as I travel this new path. Thanks to Him for my family and friends who
have blessed me over and over during this time.

Yesterday I was working around my home, and my heart just sang because I am blessed
to have a home, and to serve my family.
I thank God for the days when I have the energy to do these things,
 and treasure the mundane things I used to take for granted!

What a privilege it has been to be a wife and a mother in this homey little nest of mine!
How I treasure my moments now, and savor each one.
We never know what a day will bring, and which one will be our last.
My children are young adults now, and the days that we spend together now are
so meaningful to me-because they are quickly coming to an end as these
"Arrows" will be making their own lives and homes someday in the not too distant future.
So, I am trying to keep my focus on what is important, and on my blessings!
May God bless our moments together--and yours too as you share them with your loved ones.
God setteth the solitary in families..Psalms 68:6a

No comments: