Thursday, September 4, 2008

Old Fashioned Camp Meeting!


Well, another first for our family! Friends of ours invited us to a nearby town where they had an outdoor Tabernacle Meeting (tent revival). We went several nights and really enjoyed it!

The benches were made of good ol' fashioned hard wood. Everyone took quilts to sit on...I thought that was charming!

Here are our sweet friends who invited us standing with my son...


Above is the speaker: Evangelist Mike Renfrow. We really enjoyed his preaching.


If you ever get a chance to go to one, I highly recommend it! We were only a few miles away, out in the woods, but it really seemed like a different world!


It really helped us focus on the Lord.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I loved the quilts!!!! What a neat idea. I am glad you got to go and enjoy it!!!