I whipped up a batch of these this afternoon using the recipe from my Taste of Home Cookbook.
Thought I'd share the recipe :)
It's simple, easy, and tasty!
Classic Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until blended.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.
- Yield: 9 servings.