Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time...

Yep, today is my birthday!
I can hardly believe how fast time has flown...
especially this year. It's been a very eventful year for me, and I feel like it has practically gone by in a blur.

Someone sent me a birthday ecard today. It talked about TIME being God's gift to me for my birthday.
I was thinking about how true that is. No matter how rich you are, you can't buy yourself one more minute of time. Only God can gift you with time.
Do you think when my parents snapped the pic above, I was thinking about how quickly my 52nd birthday would come? :)

TIME- An earthly trust which, if invested wisely, will produce eternal treasures.
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).

We don't tend to think about how limited our days are. We plod along doing what's in front of us on most "ordinary" days.
I was thinking this morning that on my last birthday, I was blissfully unaware that my life was about to be forever disrupted with a cancer diagnosis and celiac disease.
I just kept on planning for tomorrow--never realizing that there might not be a tomorrow.
The above pictures were taken almost exactly one year apart. Who knew how much would change in one year?

TIME-A limited resource extended only by giving the first part back to God.
"Honour the Lord...with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty..." (Proverbs 3:9-10).

Do you think that I value time more this year? You bet I do! I am much more conscious of it now.

TIME-A daily treasure which attracts
many robbers.
"Redeeming the time, because the days
are evil" (Ephesians 5:16)

And so, I intend to cherish the "ordinary days" -because I have found that each one is actually
extrordinary! I pray that God finds me faithful with each day that He gifts me with.
And I am thankful for the blessing of each one!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday Sharri! Praying lots of blessings on this special day and every day to come. Love ya, Lisa in NM

Real Estate Brokers in Bangalore said...

Happy birth day sharri.... May god bless you and gives you a lot of happiness....