I can hardly believe that Labor Day has come and gone...and so has summer.
School is back in session-evidenced by the school bus that comes by our house every morning.
The garden is winding down, most of the produce is about finished.
I think September may be my favorite month for lots of reasons.
This year I will not only celebrate my birthday later this month, but also my 25th wedding anniversary!
Lots of celebrations this month!
Found this little poem about September and thought I'd share it
by: Helen Hunt Jackson (1830-1885)
- HE golden-rod is yellow;The corn is turning brown;The trees in apple orchardsWith fruit are bending down.The gentian's bluest fringesAre curling in the sun;In dusty pods the milkweedIts hidden silk has spun.The sedges flaunt their harvest,In every meadow nook;And asters by the brook-sideMake asters in the brook.From dewy lanes at morningThe grapes' sweet odors rise;At noon the roads all flutterWith yellow butterflies.By all these lovely tokensSeptember days are here,With summer's best of weather,And autumn's best of cheer.But none of all this beautyWhich floods the earth and airIs unto me the secretWhich makes September fair.'T is a thing which I remember;To name it thrills me yet:One day of one SeptemberI never can forget
Fun Facts about September:
- The birthstone is the sapphire
- The birthflower is the morning glory
- Labor Day is the most well known holiday in September. It is observed every year on the first Monday in September.
- Grandparent's Day is observed in the United States on the first Sunday after Labor Day.
- Continental Congress changed the name of the United Colonies to the United States on September 9, 1776
- In the northern hemisphere, the Autumn Equinox occurs and fall begins. This takes place on September 22nd or 23rd, depending on the year.
Hope the month of September is a blessing to you!
Are you celebrating/doing anything special?
The birthstone for September iThe birThe birthstone for September is the sapphire.thstone for September is the sapphire.s the sapphire.