Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To every thing there is a season...even for being sick

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

And this was my season to be sick.
I rarely get sick like this, and that is often hard for me to "knuckle under to"...
but this time, instead, I tried to count my blessings...
  • My comfy home to shelter me while I'm sick
  • My lovely daughter to keep the house running while I"m "down"
  • My responsible son who does everything that is needed w/o being asked
  • My sweet husband who is compassionate and caring
  • My wonderful Mom who brings me chicken noodle soup
  • I have no "outside job" to pressure me to return to work
  • I have friends who pray for me
  • I had lots of extra time to pray
I have to admit that I hope this season for being sick is coming to a close, but I am thankful for this season as I know God uses it for my good.

No comments: