Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting Behind on posts!

My lovely daughter and I spent a day at Hagley...(for free!) weeks ago!
But, I haven't had a chance to post about it...
We just loved touring these old buildings!

This house has wysteria growing all over the front of it...we'll have to go back when it's in bloom!

Bri took this lovely photo--I like this shot.

One day, I want to ride in a horse drawn sleigh...these were in storage
We'd never seen a tree like this before...look at those thorns!
 We saw some early signs of Spring
We wandered around quite a bit on the grounds (we both love being outdoors)


They made gunpowder on this estate, and there are lots of antique equipment and buildings remaining
We had a small snack at the organic cafe

 And my hubby was able to join us :)
Such a pleasant treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these historic places. I think I may have lived in this era in 'my other life.' ha! ha! We have been cleaning out... found about 93 slides that we had taken in Germany (1972) We had them put on a cd. It was so nice to 'revisit' again by slides. I love the old buildings that date back hundreds of years. Will post some soon.