Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Best Oatmeal Cookies

We had some friends over last week for a fun time of fellowship,
and I made these cookies for them that day.

My friend asked me to post the recipe, so, here it is!
If you make them, let me know!
FYI: these stay soft if you don't overbake! YUM

The Best Oatmeal Cookies


3 eggs, beaten

1 cup raisins

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used organic)

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 cups rolled oats (I used organic)

3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions


1.In a small bowl, combine the eggs, raisins, and vanilla. Cover and chill for 1 hour. (Don't skip this step--it's the key!)

2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3.In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour,  oats, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed. Next, stir in the egg and raisin mixture, then stir in the rolled oats and pecans. Dough will be stiff. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. (I use a mini ice cream scoop)

4.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool a couple of  minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. (Don't wait too long though)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Emma said...

They are sooooooooooooooo good
Mrs. B!!!! you are the best!!!

Wilma said...

Oakmeal cookies are Otto's favorite. I'm not a cookie baker but I may just try this. Sounds good. I'm more of an expert cake baker.... right Sharri?