Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Homemade Cranberry Juice Recipe


I saw this great holiday recipe at Taste of Home and thought I'd pass it along to you!

8 Servings Prep: 35 min. + chilling


Ingredients

2 quarts water


8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries


1-1/2 cups sugar


1/2 cup lemon juice


1/2 cup orange juice


Directions


In a soup kettle, bring water and cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until berries begin to pop.


Strain through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a spoon; discard berries. Return cranberry juice to the pan. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.


Remove from the heat. Cool. Transfer to a pitcher; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).

1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I've never thought about making it from scratch. Sounds good. I usually make my cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving from fresh cranberrries and that's so much yummer than canned. Thanks for the recipe and for entering my giveaway. Good Luck!

Manuela