Sunday, February 8, 2009

Whatz Cookin'?


On night last week I made a huge pot of nutritious chicken soup! It was made from the carcasses of 3 organic chickens that I saved in the freezer, and it was chock full of delicious herbs.
I also made a fresh apple crisp to go with it for dessert. And, I served it with some homemade angel biscuits I had leftover from the night before.
I used my favorite dishes--my apple dishes, the flowers my hubby had given me, and a delicously scented candle to set the table.

Aren't these salt and pepper shakers that match my dishes so cute? :)

I though this dinner and setting was a nice mid-week pick me up during a cold winter night!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmm....now I'm hungry! I made apple crisp this weekend, too. :0)
~Kelli
P.s. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Tommie Jo said...

That looks yummy, cozy and inviting!
Also, I thought I'd stop by to thank you for entering my giveaway! Irma's Rose Cottage won this time but~~ as a thank you to all you lovely ladies that took the time to stop by and enter, I'm offering everyone that entered 10% off anything in my etsy shop for the month of February so if you see something you like, be sure to email me so I can give you the code word to use!
My apron giveaway will be coming soon!