Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DO AS I SAY!!!...

This year my daughter is doing some intensive homemaking training to prepare for her future. :) Of course, me being a homemaker, (and her mother), I am the principle trainer at present... Honestly, this has not been a chore! It's mostly exciting and fun for me, as I see the joy my daughter has been having while learning and practicing her skills.
Not all of the teaching is cooking, or cleaning...sometimes it's verbal instruction. Things such as...don't panic if you don't have all of the specific ingredients for a recipe, learn to make do and substitute, and then I go on to give her examples (face it ladies, we hardly ever have all the exact ingredients-ya know?) Or, I might say, don't panic if you're in the middle of homeschooling your children and your mother in law calls to say she's 10 min. away and is stopping by--do the 10 Min. tidy before she gets there! (never mind that she's actually had years of practical application in that area! LOL) Hey--I did that on purpose!


So anyway, yesterday I was telling her something like this: You know, we've been concentrating on teaching you skills that you can use for your homemaking...but I want to tell you this...

don't forget that your family comes first. Don't neglect your husband or children to clean the house or decorate etc.... don't push the children that need attention aside to sew, or garden... they are your first priority, your real job. The other things are just to bless them-not replace them...


And then I said OUCH! Hey, who needs to learn here anyway?


Do as I say...Not as I (sometimes) do....


Humbly yours,


Sharri

2 comments:

Marci said...

Great lessons. This is training for the highest calling a woman can have.

Kelli said...

Excellent post and what a wonderful example you are to your daughter!
~Kelli
P.s. Moms and sisters weren't allowed to help with the cake...the guys did everything!