Friday, July 11, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

Let me be honest...the past few weeks have been grueling! I have had trials, and tests, and difficulties galore! A few of the tests I passed, but many, I failed.
I am having difficulty totally, 100% trusting in the Sovereignty of God.

Last week we went to Family Camp. (Which I will post more on later). During the preaching at camp, my heart was stirred as the key-note speaker's wife said something during her lesson to us ladies. She said something like this, "We a person is putting their trust in the Providence of God, they cannot be bitter, or anxious, or angry.

Guess what? That's not me! I am always the one trying to figure out a better way, a solid answer, a painless ending... But sometimes God wants us to have the pain. He uses the pain to help us grow. To make us wise. To get our attention. To wake us up!

Well, He's got my attention, and I'm wide awake, and I'm hoping to grow. I want to grow wiser yes, but what I'd really like to do, is grow closer to Him.
I'd like to use the pain--to gain!

Anyway, I have been in this frame of mind, and then hopped over to my friend's site and she had posted this video. It really helped me put some things in perspective. I hope it touches you too!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Hang in there friend!!! He is ABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!