Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful for God's Awesome Ocean!

The ocean is topping my thankfulness list today!
And, I'm not the only one who thinks the ocean is special...
 
...And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen. 1:10
 
You can see by the picture above how much power there is in a wave,
it seems beyond what anyone can control....but, not God.
 
He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
Psalm 107:29

 
It is amazing to me that God created this beauty, and
can control it...He is amazing!
 
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?
 Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Matt. 8:26
 
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea,
 Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Mark 4:39

My whole family just loves the ocean.
I love the peacefulness I feel there, the rhythm of the waves,
the smell of the salt air, the spray of the waves, the cry of the sea gulls.
I wish I lived along the ocean!

It brings me great peace knowing that God created this lovely
haven. And, that when the storms come, both in nature,
and in our lives. He can calm them, and see us through them.

Thank you Lord for the ocean, and the many happy memories
my family has enjoyed along it's shore.
 

No comments: