Tuesday, November 19, 2013

So Thankful for my Grandmothers

I was talking to a friend this week about my "Mommom", she was
my mother's mother and is pictured above.
I have so many dear memories of her, she was very special, and I loved her so.
I still miss her!
In thinking of her, and my other grandmothers (I was blessed with 3)
I decided to put them at the top of my thankfulness list
today!
 
 
Pictured above is Harry's mother (my step-grandmother) Beatrice Jones, who always
treated me as if I were blood. Very dear lady.
She had a great sense of humor!
We called her "Mommom Jones"

As far as I know, this is the only picture I have of my Grandmother Speakman.
On the far left is my Mommom, and next to her is my Grandmother Speakman,
and then me.
They were quilting at the Fairhill, MD fair. I was probably
around 5, and this picture is from the newspaper.
That quilt had been pieced by my great-grandmother McCann.
 
I thank God for the generations who came before me, for what they taught
me, and for the love they gave.
 
 
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise:
 be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
 

No comments: