Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Longwood February 2013

Briana and I snapped up a deal on Groupon to go to Longwood Gardens...
We knew our time was limited because she will be going away for 2 weeks during
the short time the groupon was good, so we were quite thrilled to have a "Spring-like" day
crop us for us to go! It's a lovely Mother/Daughter trip!
We started out doing the grounds on one side of the gardens...


And then we moved into the Conservatories for awhile--I can't tell you how gorgeous it is here,
and what a boost it gives your spirit to be in the lushness of these flowers in the dead of winter!

God's creation is evident everywhere you look!
The main feature this time of year are the Orchids.
Amazing how many varieties God made of this lovely flower!


The colors on the one below aren't flashy, but I find something so appealing about them!

The one below always reminds me of ladies in fancy dresses :)


Everything is such a feast for the eyes...and the camera!
I really had a chance to "break" my new camera in that the
kids and Phil gave me for Christmas!

If you look left on the above picture, you can see a grapefruit tree :)

I just picked some random interesting shots to post


You can see below that Bri was in her "picture taking glory"!







The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; Song of Solomon 2:12
I will post some in a separate post so I don't "overload" you!

No comments: