Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day thoughts...

How many more posts will we get to do on independence and freedom?
Sadly, it sure seems like they are slipping away here in the USA...

Only here in America do we celebrate Independence Day...on July 4th
Here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, we should be thanking God
daily for His bountiful gifts provided in this country.
Thanks to our Founding Fathers, and our servicemen we enjoy more freedoms than any other country.
I don't know how long that will be true, but it has been true during my entire lifetime.
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here."
- Patrick Henry
America no longer honors God, or His principles put forth in His Word, and so I believe that judgement has begun in our land.
But, we shouldn't give up! We should speak up! We should unite and fight for the principles that this country was founded on! (As others before us have done)
We should drop on our knees in prayer for
this land.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
So today, I want to thank God for His blessings on this country, and, I am praying that this country's leaders  will drop to their knees and acknowledge Him.
I hope America realizes Who has been responsible for the freedom we've enjoyed, and thanks Him for it by obeying and honoring Him. And, I hope that this happens soon, for the sake of my children and grandchildren.

This year as I celebrate Independence Day, I am going to be especially thankful to God for this country...
Long may she wave!

No comments: